Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Whose cell phone is this?

MATERIALISM

IMPOSTOR HUSBAND SPENDS THOUSANDS

Proverbs 11:24-25; Ecclesiastes 5:8-15; Ephesians 5:25

Deception; Family; Generosity; Golden Rule; Marriage; Materialism; Money; Responsibility


Several men in the locker room of a private exercise club were talking when a cell phone lying on the bench rang. One man picked it up without hesitation, and the following conversation ensued:

"Hello?"

"Honey, It's me."

"Sugar!"

"I'm at the mall two blocks from the club. I saw a beautiful mink coat. It is absolutely gorgeous! Can I buy it? It's only $1,500."

"Well, okay, if you like it that much."

"Thanks! Oh, and I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the new models. I saw one I really liked. I spoke with the salesman, and he gave me a great price."

"How much?"

"Only $60,000!"

"Okay, but for that price I want it with all the options."

"Great! Before we hang up, there's something else. It might seem like a lot, but, well, I stopped by to see the real estate agent this morning, and I saw the house we had looked at last year. It's on sale! Remember? The beachfront property with the pool and the English garden?"

"How much are they asking?"

"Only $450,000, a magnificent price, and we have that much in the bank to cover it."

"Well then, go ahead and buy it, but put in a bid for only $420,000, okay?"

"Okay, sweetie. Thanks! I'll see you later! I love you!" "I love you, too."

The man hung up, closed the phone's flap, and raised it aloft, asking, "Does anyone know who this cell phone belongs to?"

Citation: John Fehlen; Stanwood, Washington

Illustrations for Every Topic and Occasion - . – More Perfect Illustrations: For Every Topic and Occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment